The stylish and powerful Whynter RPD-506EWP Energy Star 50 Pint Portable Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump is a high capacity unit with an impressive capability of removing up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day. Featuring an internal condensate pump, this unit is specifically designed for high volume usage without having to worry about interrupted operation.
Energy Star© Rated
This unit is recognized as ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2020, demonstrating specifications for lower energy consumption during use. This is especially important if you plan on operating the unit on a frequent basis.
This portable dehumidifier can be continuously operated with 3 drainage options; manual drain, gravity drain, and condensate pump drain. This portable dehumidifier includes a 13-pint bucket that can be removed and emptied. The condensate pump can pump out (and up) condensation water through the included 16.5’ drain for continuous water removal with approximately 15’ of vertical lift. A bonus drain hose attachment is included with the unit for your immediate convenience.
Low temperature operation
This portable dehumidifier has an auto defrost function to ensure moisture does not freeze and prevent further moisture extraction when utilized in a low-temperature area.
Using this convenient feature, the RPD-506EWP can automatically control the room humidity within an optimal comfort range of between 45%~55% based on the current room temperature.
Auto Restart and Auto Shutoff
This unit can automatically turn off when set humidity levels have been met or when the water reservoir is full. The unit is also designed to restart in the event of a power interruption.
The Whynter RPD-506EWP provides cost-effective and energy-efficient operation, without sacrificing design and performance. Designed for space constrained usage, this unit is suited for enclosed areas up to 4000 sq. ft.
Dehumidifiers are sized based on pint capacity. Not long ago, the Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency standards for dehumidifiers have changed. The previous dehumidifier testing standards of 80 degrees Fahrenheit and 60% humidity have been changed to a new testing standard of 65 degrees Fahrenheit and 60% humidity. Under this new testing conditions, keep in mind that the dehumidifiers have not changed, but only the environment were these products are tested changed.
Changes made in 2012 expected dehumidifiers to be tested at a surrounding temperature of 80 degrees Fahrenheit and 60% humidity. Accordingly, most dehumidifiers were built as 30, 50, and 70 pint units, referring to the amount of moisture removed in 24 hours under those conditions.
NEW 2019 DEHUMIDIFIER STANDARDS
The Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency standards for dehumidifiers have changed since 2019. Dehumidifiers are presently tested at 65F and 60% humidity, which is 15 degrees lower than previously. Since there is less moisture to remove from cooler temperatures, the quantity of pints for each dehumidifier removes likewise dropped. The standard capacities under the new conditions are 20, 30 and 50 pint dehumidifiers(rather than 30, 50, and 70 pint models when tested at 80°F.) The dehumidifiers have not changed, but only the environment were these products are tested changed.
● Recognized as ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2020, demonstrating specifications for lower energy consumption during use.
● 50 pint (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) capacity dehumidifier
● 13 pint removable water bucket
● Auto-restart and Auto-shutoff functions
● Three operational modes: Continuous, Comfort, and Normal
● Adjustable humidity range of 35 – 85% relative humidity
● Low temperature operation (minimum ambient temperature low 40°Fs)
● Auto-defrosting capability to prevent frost build-up inside unit
● Electronic controls with humidity sensor settings
● Direct drain option for continuous operation
● Condensate pump that pushes water up or over a longer distance
● Runs quiet with normal operating noise level below 55 dBA
● Dual fan speeds and 24 timer function
● Washable pre-filter
● Handles and caster wheels for portability
● Non ozone-depleting refrigerant: R410a
● 16.5′ drain hose included for condensate pump drain
● 20″ drain hose included for gravity drainage
● Liters per kW-Hour: 1.9
● Air Flow: 370/320 m3/h | 217/197CFM
● Power consumption: 810Watts / 7.8Amps
● Power Supply: 115 V /60 Hz
● Unit Dimensions: 15.4″ W x 11.1″ D x 24.3″ H
● Packaging Dimensions: 17″ W x 13″ D x 27″ H
● Product weight: 43 lbs
● Package weight: 47 lbs
● UL listed and Energy Star© rated
*This unit comes with one year warranty.